Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Twenty Seven Questions for Friday the 27th.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what did you think? Why is my nose so red in the mornings?

2. How much cash do you have on you? None. I think I have about 16 dollars in my purse.

3. What's a word that rhymes with "TEST"? QUEST.

4. Favorite planet? The tiny little ball of Earth in the vast solar system which is my temporay home. I love it but know I'm "just a passin' thru" . My favorite "planet" is where "my treasures are laid up "somewhere beyond the blue"...our wonderful "tiny blue planet." "

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? One of my wonderful kids.

6. What is your favorite ring on your phone? I do not have a "favorite ring?."

7. What shirt are you wearing? A warm long sleeve ivory colored shirt with glitter squares of pink and blue and green. I pulled it out this morning. I think I've worn it once before. It was passed along to me by a long time friend who buys in bulk and I am always glad to get a box from her.

8. Do you "label" yourself? Good question. I have a hard time with labels. In group situations where we are asked to introduce ourselves. i am never quite sure where to start. So I usually make it as brief as possible. I sometimes start off by saying " I am a Christian." But, as C.S. Lewis says, this does not mean, "I am good." Lewis further explains, there are "good" Christians and some Christians are not "good." So when I say, "Christian", I am simply stating what I believe and who (Christ) I am trusting for salvation.

9. Name the brand of shoes you're currently wearing now: I am wearing socks ( warm .stretch socks). Charmaine (Reasoned Audicity) , Carol (The Median Sib) and Larisa gave me a supply of socks at Christmas which are my favorite footwear in the house.
10. Bright or Dark Room? Bright. All the blinds are opened.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? Terry is a loving husband and father, wonderfully talented teacher, singer, actor. He is my son or perhaps I should say, " I am Terrell's (Alone on A Limb) mother." People in this town, knew Terrell and his wife before I moved back here after retirement. So his reputation for intregrity as well as talent and community spirit had been a asset to me as well as to his siblings ad other family members who have moved here.

12. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping.

13. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? I am glad to have a cell phone for travel, thanks to my daughter in law and son. But I have not into "text messages" lately as I have been home much of the time recouperating from surgery. .

14. Where is your nearest 7-11? There is one about a half mile away but I have never been inside.

15. What's a saying(s) that you say a lot? Probably my children or friends could answer this one. I'm afraid I must plead guilty for trying (without a great deal of success) to pass along words of "wisdom" to the younger generation.

16.Who told you they loved you last? I think my daughter Debi as we parted yesterday after visiting my nephew at St Joseph's Hospital in Atlanta. Our family members usually end every leave taking with words of love.

17. Last furry thing you touched? I'm not sure. Perhaps the long warm wrap my daughter Joan, (Daddy's Roses ) gave me.

18. How many days of school did you miss this week? All of them!

19. How many rolls of film do you need to get developed? None. Is anyone out there still reading ? I suppose i am of the generation who thinks talking about oneselve is an ego trip?

20. Favorite age you have been so far? In my life review, I remember foldly the early years of marriage, the babyhood and childhood of my seven beautiful children, the years of Seminary and the pastorates, the awesome privilege of standing in a pulpit in the power of the Holy Spirit to tell the "Greatest good news that even dawned on the human heart...and to see people's hearts and lives changed through the grace of Jesus. Now the amazing privilege of living into "old Age". My life has been filled to the overflow with very, very hard work and difficult decisions I never expected to make. I would do it all over again! I have talked to many elders, visited in many. many hospitals and nurse care places. Many tell me they would never want to live their lives over.

21. Your worst enemy? A good question but I do not know the answer? Peter tells us the Devil is the worst ememy of us all?

22. What is your current desktop picture? A photo of my seven children with me at Christmas 2004.

23. What was the last thing you said to someone? " Thank you, Lord.

24. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, which would you choose? I would choose the million.

25. Do you like someone? I like most people. I disagree with the comments made earlier by my wonderful son (Alone on a Limb), about the executive branch of our government. Our President is not behind the dis-unity in America. It is the radical left and the terrorist here and abroad who are fueling the discord in our country. The radical left is bringing comfort to our enemies and fueling hatred among us.

26. The last song you listened to? To myself singing The Doxology.

27. Carmen Electra or Pam Anderson? I am out of that loop?

3 comments:

Carol said...

Love your list, Mother! For the things you say often... "Lose weight now while you're young." would be up there... and "Eat more cantaloupe." Love you AND all your advice.

Anonymous said...

Yes, someone is still reading. I loved reading your list and "hearing" your thoughts. Love you!
Lyn

Joan said...

I read every word -- and enjoyed it. I can tell you what you say most often -- "Accent the positive."