Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Precious Daughter, Beth!

I am the mother of seven. Each one has a very special place in my heart. There are all kinds of stories to tell, as all of you who are parents know.
Beth is our baby girl. I know what it is like to be the baby in a family. People like to imply or say outright that the baby girl or boy in a family is a "spoiled brat." It was said about our youngest, our son David, and it was said about Beth, our youngest daughter. When I was a child it was said about me as the youngest of 11. Not true!

Each one of our children also had a special place in their Daddy's heart and life. Beth's Daddy was a pastor and was told on the day of her birth he had plenty of time to go to church and get back to me at the hospitaHowever, Beth got in a hurry to make her appearance and came into the world at 12 noon on a Sunday, December 19, just as her father was pronouncing the benediction and hurrying out the church door to go back the few miles to the hospital. Her Daddy's first words to me after visitng the nursery to see his fifth daughter was, "She is easily the most beautiful baby in the nursery, and I heard a man say, 'Look at that baby! One can tell she is a girl - look at those beautiful lips.'" Beth was and is feminine - all woman

Beth and her younger brother, David were members of the UMC Youth choir where she was a soloist with David at the keyboard. Her high school Choral Director predicted she would "go places" with her "big beautiful" voice for such a small girl. She's only a little over 5 feet tall.
Pictured below is Beth with her son Josh and daughter Amanda when they were small. The other picture is of Beth and her bother David in a concert at the Joyful Noise Supper Club.

8 comments:

Joan said...

Happy birthday, Beth!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Bethums! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Love, Carol

Ruth said...

Beth was an outstandly beautiful baby...which that baby picture did not capture. Happy Birthday Beth and thanks to your sisters and ALL for HELP with pictures. Wondeful beautifl day here today. Happy Birthday also to a great... great-grandson Lewis!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Mama - that's so sweet :) Thank you :).

Why is it all my baby pictures are of me in a diaper with my stomach hanging out?? LOLOL I look like a sumu wrestler in them all. I've never seen that pic before.

Jane said...

Thanks for sharing these memories of Beth. Beth always did have a great voice. I hope she still uses it!

Anonymous said...

I remember going to hear Beth sing and David play at The Joyful Noise. I felt like the niece of celebrities! I always loved to hear Beth sing. She has such a beautiful voice. It's been much too long since I've heard it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came by way of your daughter Joan. You have such a beautiful family. Happy Birthday to Beth. I love all these old photo's. May you have a wonderful Holiday and may God's blessings be eith you always.

Anonymous said...

Aww, Beth, you were such a cutie! That baby picture looks SO much like that one of Daddy, with his finger in his belly button.
Hope you are having a blast in Germany! Love you all, Debi