Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Carol on August 26!




Happy Birthday Carol on August 26!

Carol is our middle child with a brother and two sisters older than she and two sisters and a brother younger. Carol calls herself The Median Sib, but there is nothing middle about her except being the fourth of seven children born to her daddy and me. On a scale of one to ten, she is a ten! Never a four!
Carol was a beautiful baby and a very feminine little girl with blond curly hair, She was as beautiful and wonderfully precocious as her own son and daughter and the three precious little granddaughters she now loves to be with and often writes about.
Carol is more like me in size (four other daughters being short in height as was their paternal grandmother and other women in the family. Carol is about five feet six as am I. Carol also shares my love for cooking. She is a fabulous and innovative cook.
Also, as Joan of Daddy’s Roses fame pointed out, Carol (and Joan) share my reserved nature so they may actually “understand me” somewhat better than their 5 more gregarious siblings.
However as we all know, none of us are limited by being “reserved” or “gregarious” but all of us are a combination of both with unlimited possibilities though the grace of Christ.

All those who have grown children know that they all think (whether they are reserved or gregarious) that they understand their parents only too well.

But I am blessed beyond measure to love and have a good relationship with all seven of my children and my five sons-in-law and two daughters -in -law. The picture on the left is Carol with her 3 younger siblings.

Happy Birthday Carol! Carol is an outstanding teacher and writer and has a great “Erma Bombeck” sense of humor illustrated in many of her articles published in the Nashville paper a few years ago.

The first snapshot on the left above is a current photo of Carol and next is Carol and her husband Ron with grandaughter Lily was diagnosed with Leukemia on December 1, 2009 and is doing well now. The picture on the right is Carol sitting next to me in our parsonage home in Ellijay GA. beside her is her two younger sisters. One her right is her daddy and two brothers.

In 2001 Carol (on the right) took time off to drive me to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore from my home inGeorgia for TriGeminal surgery by Dr Ben Carson. Carol and I spent a few days of recuperation with daughter Janice and her family in Maryland. The picture shows Carol and Janice with me in the hospital.

6 comments:

Joan said...

Yes, happy birthday next week, Carol.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mother! I'm writing this brief response from the school computer. I think I will have a wonderful birthday. Thanks for the sweet post about me. See you next weekend.

Carol said...

Thank you again for this year! Although RT will be out of town on my birthday, Stinkeroo and Scalawag are taking me out to eat. And my birthday is Sunshine's first full day of school. So it should be a fun and exciting birthday.

I found some figs at Costco today - bought two trays of them, and have them cut and ready to make fig preserves!

I love you!

Terrell said...

HBTY, HBTY, HBDC, HBTY!!

Carol said...

Thanks, Mother. This year, 2009, is quite a milestone as far as birthdays. This past year has unquestionably been the most difficult of my life - but we got through it, and hopefully the coming year will be much better I love you. By the way - on my blog I wrote "60 Things I've Learned in 60 Years" - and the 61st thing I learned is that I could have written many more than 60!

Joan said...

Our family is blessed. Carol is a wonderful sister and aunt as well as daughter.