Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

1. It is a beautiful Spring day here in Rome Gee A.

2. Since moving here nine years ago, I have met with a small goup of women and men for an Intercessary prayer session.

3.We take names of people in crisis or who for any reason requests prayer from the church and pray of each by name. It is a wonderful refreshing time to be alone with God and close friends.

4. I am a member of our Local AARP. We meet once a month on the fourth Thursday. Iyt is a covered dish dinner memting.

5. I am serving as recording secretary . I usually typle the minutes early but waited and did a last minute job today.

6.. I made salmon patties to take tonight. It is a dish I seldom make. So hurridly opened a can of salmon, mix it with a few onion flakes , a litle corn meal and flour to hold it ogether with a beaten egg. Got out an electric fry pan and cooked them in olive oil. they smell good.

7. I prepared a second dish of English peas, which is one of my favorite vegetables.

8. I stopped by the Salvation Army thrift store near my home on the way home from Trinity Church.

9. I walked around in there for about 30 minutes. Looked at books, books, books. I successfully talked myslef out of buy any books today!

10. However, I did buy 3 blouses at the cost of $6.43 including tax. Nothing exciting but can always take them back (Not for a refund, of course. But as a donation to a good cause.

11. I did not take time to call today for an appoinTment to take care of some of my health issue. Tomorrow?

12. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN WESLEY YOEST III ON APTIL 27. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARGARET SHAW ON APRIL 27

13. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREGG LEWIS ON APRIL 30. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED THOMAS LATHEM ON APRIL 30.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Thanks for posting this list. I enjoyed it -- and learned a few things too!

Carol said...

salmon patties sound good. I may make some tomorrow.

Jane said...

I enjoyed your list and wish I had some salmon patties.
Thanks for the birthday wishes to Jared, but his birthday is on April 3rd.