Friday, July 28, 2006

Quotations.

Themediansib Blog had a great post about quotations she is saving. I tend to write quotations that appeal to me in notebooks and everywhere, even on my calendar. Just looking back a few months on my calendar, I found these:
"Life is an adventure in Forgiveness", (Norman Cousins 1915-1990)

"The age factor means nothing to me. I'm old enough to know my limitations, and I'm young enough to exceed them." (Mary Levy , age 80)

"There is room on a rational universe for incomprehensible wonders. The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious, It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true science. He who knows it not and can no longer wonder, no longer feel amazement, is as good as dead." (Albert Einstein)

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker." -Helen Adams Keller, lecturer and author (1880-1968)


1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks for the reference! I'll have to show you how to do links and trackbacks! :-)